Thursday, January 29, 2009

Conley's 13 Principles/Practices

I chose number nine from the thirteen principles/practices that Conley wrote about in his book. Number nine talks about the ongoing formative assessments of students. He says that this assessment is informal, often a daily assessment of how students are progressing under current instructional practices. I believe what Conley is trying to say is that assessments do not always have to include taking a paper test. These assessments can include observations, reviewing with probing questions, etc. As teachers, we need to be able to adjust and adapt to each of our students learning needs and styles. If we are able to do this we can each be an effective teacher.

1 comment:

  1. I also chose this principle. I agree, I think it is very important to keep in mind that not all tests have to include grueling questions for students to answer. A simple daily observation is a great way to monitor students progress as well as their response to different teaching strategies. It is essential for teachers to not only be aware of their learners needs but to be able to meet those needs through daily instruction.

    ReplyDelete